Orange County Sleep Apnea Dentist | Orange County Snoring Cure Dentist | Richard Sterling, DDS
SNORING ~ NOT JUST NOISE
SNORING IS OFTEN A WARNING OF SERIOUS HEALTH ISSUES
- Heart Disease or Heart Attack
- High Blood Pressure
- Driving or Work-Related Accidents
SNORING IS ASSOCIATED WITH OBSTRUCTIVE SLEEP APNEA (OSA)
OSA is a condition where breathing stops repeatedly during sleep, because the airway collapses and prevents oxygen from getting into the lungs.
INDICATIONS OF OSA:
- Daytime Exhaustion and Sleepiness
- Difficulty Thinking
DIAGNOSIS OF OSA:
- Evaluation and Consultation
- Overnight Sleep Study
- CPAP – Continuous Positive Airway Pressure : This is a machine that pumps air through a tube into the nose. Patient compliance with this is low.
- Oral Airway Dilator:
This is the least invasive way of treating snoring and obstructive sleep apnea for many individuals
WHAT IS AN ORAL AIRWAY DILATOR (OAD)?
FDA-approved for the treatment of snoring and sleep apnea. This is the ONLY non-surgical alternative to CPAP!
Can not tolerate CPAP? This is your CPAP Alternative.
- The device positions the lower jaw forward.
- This moves the tongue forward, thereby opening the airway and maintaining oxygen flow during sleep.
We recommend custom-fit long-term devices for:
- Adjustability, which enables treatment of a wider range of severity snoring and sleep apnea
- More precise fit, leading to greater comfort and accommodation
- Greater durability
- More resistance to stains
We Can Cure Your Snoring
When you hear a noise from your car engine, would you ignore it and continue to drive without getting it checked out? NO, of course not. Do not dismiss snoring as just noise. It may be a warning of a more serious medical condition where your airway that carries oxygen to your lungs becomes blocked. It needs to be checked out!
Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA) is a medical condition. With a diagnosis of OSA, many medical insurance plans provide benefits for the Oral Airway Dilator. Our office can coordinate with both the Sleep Center for your overnight study and your medical insurance.
The Epworth Sleepiness Scale
Do You Fall Asleep in the Following Situations?
- Sitting and reading
- Watching television
- Sitting inactive in a public place, such as a theater or a meeting
- As a passenger in a car for an hour without a break
- Lying down to rest in the afternoon
- Sitting and talking to someone
- Sitting quietly after lunch (when you've had no alcohol)
- In a car, while stopped in traffic
To Improve the Quality of Your Life!!
Richard B. Sterling, DDS
American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine
401 Glenneyre Street
Laguna Beach, CA 92651